3 16 oz cans of kidney beans (light and dark for some extra color)
2 16 oz cans of diced tomatoes
1 16 oz can of tomato soup
1 16 oz can of Bold flavored Manwich
16 oz ground beef
1 12 oz can of tomato juice1 8 oz can of chipotle peppers in ancho sauce
3 Johnsonville hot Italian sausage links
1 large yellow onion- chopped
1 large green bell pepper- chopped
1 package of McCormic's Hot chili powder
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp minced garlic
Shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown the meat in one skillet with the chopped onion, bell pepper and garlic. The chili tastes great with game too. Add more legged animals to your chili or substitute Bambi for Bessie.
- Add chipotle peppers and ancho sauce to a blender and blend into small chunks.
- Combine remaining ingredients except for the tomato juice.
- Add meat and veggies.
- Add tomato juice to change the consistency of your chili.
- Set crock pot on lowest setting and cook all day. For stovetop cooking, heat until boiling, reduce heat to low, cover, and let simmer for 3 hours.
- Serve in a bowl over a layer of Fritos with a dollop of sour cream and cheese on top.
Makes 12 bowls
You may also like: